My 2013 Reading Challenge

frogSo I was doing some shopping this weekend and cleaning up my ARe library. I only keep books in there I haven’t read/archived yet. So my goal is to read all of these books before the end of 2013. Some are short stories, some are novellas, some longer books. So it’s not like they are all super-novels. I will update at the beginning of each month and see how I’m doing. Fingers crossed now that I’ve committed I won’t get all stubborn and refuse to do it.

Aries: Riddle Me Wicked (Boys Of The Zodiac)
Vivien Dean
18% Gray (Task Force Iota #1)
Anne Tenino
A Fresh Set of Eyes
Liz Strange
A Serving of Love (Taste of Love #2)
Andrew Grey
Always Hope
Lisa Worrall
An Admirer
Megan Derr
Ash Swan (Cob Brothers #1)
Stephani Hecht, Amber Kell
Beneath the Neon Moon
Theda Black
Bridges
M.J. O’Shea
Camwolf
JL Merrow
Dex in Blue
Amy Lane
Dirty Secret (A Cole McGinnis Mystery #2)
Rhys Ford
First Impression
Sara Winters
Friction
Lissa Kasey
If It Ain’t Love
Tamara Allen
In Darkness Bound (The Society #1)
Christine Price
The Usual Apocalypse (The Society #2)
Christine Price
Ink
Isabelle Rowan
Ink Illusions (A “Masquerade” Story)
Val Kovalin
Jailhouse Rock
Xara X. Xanakas, L.C. Chase
Lessons in Discovery (Cambridge Fellows #3)
Charlie Cochrane
Lessons in Power (Cambridge Fellows #4)
Charlie Cochrane
Lessons in Temptation (Cambridge Fellows #5)
Charlie Cochrane
Lilacs
Megan Derr
Enlightened (Little Boy Lost #1)
J.P. Barnaby
Love Means… Healing (Love Means… #7)
Andrew Grey
Mr. Wonderful (Sweet Treats #2)
Stormy Glenn
My Summer of Wes
Missy Welsh
Naked Tails
Eden Winters
Open Tackle
L.C. Chase
Our Sacred Balance (Triquetra #3)
Marguerite Labbe
The Way to Will
Drew Hunt
The Zero Knot
K.Z. Snow
Tigerland
Sean Kennedy
Tooth & Nail (Warders #2)
Mary Calmes
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Jules Verne, Marie Sexton
Vlad the Paler
Malthea
Wolf Moon
Ethan Stone
Zero Hour: A Dystopian Adventure
Jordan Castillo Price

So tell me, any of your favourites in there that you think I should read sooner rather than later? Do you have any specific goals this year beyond a certain number? My number is 275. If things work out the way I hope, I might be moving this fall and with my daughter heading off to university, I think reducing the number significantly is probably for the best. We’ll see, you never know. 12 months is a long time.

And might I just say doing a cut and paste table in html is a royal pain in the butt. Sheesh.

14 thoughts on “My 2013 Reading Challenge

1. Becky says:

Open Tackle by LC Chase was really good. (And also short- pretty sure it was written for one of the m/m groups anthology projects.) I’d, um, tackle this one first.

• Tam says:

Ooooh. Punny. :-) I actually started Beneath the Neon Moon Last night. Didn’t get far though. Short is good, then I can review them at BER and cross them off the list quickly so I feel like I’m making headway. Tigerland also got a vote this morning which I know will be great, but it’s longer. I’ll have to load it onto my eReader. More portable.

2. lilygcs says:

I really liked The Zero Knot, Tigerland and Zero Hour. As for the others I’ve got some on my own TBR and wish list too. Good luck with the challenge!

• Tam says:

I was looking through and I really have some awesome authors in there. We’ll see if I stick to it. I figure if I post it I’m more liable to. Maybe. I think. :-)

3. My Summer of Wes, oh how I love that book! It was one of the first m/m books I read and holds a special place in my heart. And yeah I agree doing a cut & paste table in html is a major PIA.

4. Jenre says:

Wow, so many great books on the list it’s difficult to chose. Definitely Tigerland, Tattoos and Teacups, The Christine price series, Enlightened and the Tamara Allen short. Even with those there are several other great books on the list.

There are a few books there that I haven’t read either and are on my TBR pile, such as Zero Hour, The Zero Knot, Wolf Moon and the …Lessons series (I’ve only read book one so far!). Maybe we should read them together and compare notes :).

5. Tam says:

Yes, we should Jen. I need something to kick me in the butt. That’s it, I don’t have tons of “eh” writers there, all well-respected and excellent authors. I just need to apply myself and stop getting distracted by the shiny.

6. Tracy says:

What a great idea. I have more than my share in my library at ARe that I haven’t read (I archive my read ones as well) and some have been there a damned long time. :)

I loved My Summer of Wes, Bridges, The Zero Knot & Beneath the Neon Moon- so good. I liked Ink as well but not as much as those. I’ve not read the others but now I’m going to have to check them all out. :)

• Tam says:

It’s easy to buy new ones and just keep moving the other ones down the list. Hopefully I’ll read a good portion of these but I’m sure I’ll still be buying new ones. Who can resist?

7. Chris says:

The Usual Apocalypse (I’m glad I read it before the first book, actually), the Charlie Cochrane books, Camwolf, Naked Tales… :)

• Tam says:

Recommending a historical? *gasp* :-) Jen and I are reading Wolf Moon together since we both had it on our lists. Well, she’s ahead of me, but I’ve loaded it so am ready to roll. :-)